Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Princess Life

"Lord, You are the King, and You are also my Father. This makes me Your Princess. Help me to always remember who I am today and to act like Your Princess, wearing the invisible crown of Grace on my head."

I have been praying this prayer, or similar prayer, every morning for a while now. I find it crucial that I remind myself who God is and who I am in Him. Everything about my life rests on those two foundations, and so I remind myself that I am a Princess, but not just any princess, God's Princess.
I am a princess not because I have a prince. But because my father is a King and He is God.
Image Found on Pinterest
What would my day look like if I lived knowing that I am a Princess? Would I let insecurity creep in and steal my joy? Would I let anger or frustration ruin the precious moments of each hour? Would I lower my head and not think and create and dance, but get caught in the mundane of life? Would I complain about the training I go through (aka, school)? I don't think that God's Princess would do those things. So that is why I pray to God to keep me focused on Him and secure in my identity.

The Princess life captures my imagination, it always has, it always will. The idea of balls, princes, and glass slippers makes me smile.I have always wanted to be a princess, to live that adventure, to find my Prince Charming and fall in love. But I left those dreams in Disney movies. They couldn't be real, not for me. I know that Mia Thermopolis found out that her Grandmother ruled an obscure European country, but not very many Mia's live in this world.  Not very many princess live in this world.

Or so I thought.

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!" (1 John 3:1a) God is not only our Father, he is "the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords" (1 Timothy 6:15b) That means that every woman of God is a Princess. Every woman of God wear His clothes, which are better than anything that world has to offer (to learn more about the clothes of God's Princess, see my previous post, here) God gives His Princesses a much more exciting and wonderful story than that of even Frozen. He gives us a more complete and perfect love through the cross, a sacrificial love that beats all other love stories. What more could we want?

So, daughters of God, live like Princesses.Wear the crown of Grace on your heads. Never forget who you are. Never forget who God is. And act like God's Princess. That will change everything. That is where we find true beauty and joy.

You are a Princess.

Say it out loud.Tell everyone you know! We are His Princesses! We are His Princesses!

This makes me so happy!

Hannah Princess Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment