Sunday, November 24, 2013

Fall Ramblings

It was cold outside today. (Well, I say cold, but it was really above 40 degrees. That's "cold" for where I live.) I enjoyed wearing my jacket and scarf and boots. There's something about season changes that always gets me excited. And the beginning of winter is particularly exciting because of the holidays.

I love the holiday season. I love the food, the decorations, the presents, the laughter, the memories, and the joy that abounds in them. It's Thanksgiving break right now, and I'm so thankful. (No pun intended.) I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing week, where I can just chill, catch up on Psych, and also get a few things done that I've pushed back. I'm looking forward to the food and the games. I'm looking forward to spending time with my family and with God. Yes, I'm looking forward to a lot of things.

But I'm also thankful for a lot of things right now. Here are five things that I am thankful for right now:

1. God's love for me. I read Psalm 22 this afternoon, and I became so amazed at God's grace and power and love! You should go read it too!

2. Sweatpants. They're comfy, warm, slightly too big, and perfect for cloudy fall days.

3. Psych. I've already mentioned this before in this post, but I've been catching up on Psych. My sister and I finally got our hands on the seventh season and we are going to be done with it shortly. (We watched five episodes yesterday and two so far today.)

4. A Christian home. I grew up in a Christian home, and for that I am very thankful. I have such a firm foundation to stand on! I am not saying that Christians who come from non-Christian homes are not as good as those who come from Christian backgrounds, but I am just saying that this way I am thankful that God has given me such a blessing!

5. Possibilities. I often take for grated all of the possibilities that I have. For example, this week is going to be full of possibilities. My family is taking a mini trip to Houston. I may paint me room. I  have so many opportunities that many people don't have, and for that I am thankful.

To God be the glory.

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment