Tuesday, December 17, 2013

DPC- The Nutcracker


The Nutcracker.


I love The Nutcracker! I love the music, the dancing, the magic, and more. Most of all, I love being in it. I love putting on the costumes and learning all of the dances, whether or not they be my dance.

Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker TicketsThis year, my studio partnered with Moscow Ballet to perform their Great Russian Nutcracker. Working with them is always so cool, because they are the pros. They know what they're doing. And they speak Russian.


We've been working hard on our roles. I am one of the Arabian girls and a Butterfly. The roles may be the child roles, the ones in the back or on the sides. They may not be the longest dances. But they are our dances. It is my role. And I want to do my best.

I just watched Royal Ballet preform the Nutcracker, and it really inspired me to work hard, the jump higher, to turn faster, and the all of the other little and big things that make up a dancer. The steps may be hard, long, and tiring, but a dancer must never make them look hard, long, or tiring. Technique must be perfect, yet at the same time, a dancer must make it look easy. I call it, the effort of being effortless.

The Nutcracker.

This ballet will always hold a special place in my heart.

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment